October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday - October 24, 2012

Try to deny it all you want, but WINTER IS COMING.

The view from my friend D's place in Calgary (yesterday)
Thankfully, there's no snow in Toronto yet (it's not even Hallowe'en!). However, all week the temps have been going up and down, and it's generally pretty damn cold when I leave my office at the end of the day. Not cold enough for a winter coat just yet, but my hands have been freezing. Of course, this means it's time for some new mitts!


This is the first of two pairs I have planned. These will be fingerless mitts but super long, so if I get around to making a cape my arms will be covered. The next pair will be full on mittens (possibly flip top, I haven't decided yet) for the winter. I'm using yet another gorgeous yarn from my stash of Nerd Girl Yarns, this time it's the True Blood colourway on her gorgeous Heart You base. Dreamily soft merino! Mmmmmmm.

Do you have any projects planned for the colder temps?

Check out more WIPs at Tami's Amis

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors of the yarn! And that snow picture is scary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee. It's hard to imagine snow right now. It's nearly 80 degrees F in Chicago- Very unseasonably warm. The mitts look good. Seems like you might be needing them soon.

    ReplyDelete