January 5, 2015

I've lost my mind....again

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday full of loved ones and indulgences. I know my holiday hangover has certainly set-in, hopefully it's not too bad for everyone else.

My whirlwind of holiday craziness resulted in a couple insane ideas. The first of which is I've joined Goodbye Valentino's Ready to Wear fast again this year. While Sarah herself is not 100% committed to the fast this year (see her blog for details why), I've joined up with many others in swearing off buying retail for 2015.


Hopefully I have enough time between school, work, and homework to keep myself clothed!

One thing that may be tricky is I'm taking a 120% course load this semester....and I'm still toying with the idea of adding 1 more class to my already very full schedule. A few people are trying to talk me out of my crazy tree, so we'll see if their attempts to keep me sane work. But the idea of learning to work with leather is just so tempting, and the Leather Apparel Design class is what is currently missing from my schedule. Let's just ay I'm still thinking very seriously about this...

Speaking of school, I made this super pretty dress last semester. I didn't design it, it's one we were assigned for our construction class, but I love how it turned out!


When we were assigned this dress and given the pattern, I thought it was pretty hideous. But with the right fabric, it ended up as a cute wiggle dress! Once I get the final measurements of the dress (I haven't had a chance to get the final measurements yet), I'll be posting this for sale in my etsy shop soon! As much as I wish I fit into our sample sizes, alas, I do not.

Is anyone else jumping in and taking the RTW Fast pledge?

xo
Andi

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing Sarah's 2015 RTW Fast for the first time! Wishing you all the very best and looking forward to seeing what you make! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you again this year for a third year in a row :-) I no longer miss buying RTW but rather shop for ideas and to look at construction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a big undertaking but you know, it may be a very smart thing to do. I love the polka dot dress.

    ReplyDelete