August 6, 2013

This time I went girly...

In this next installment of my adventures in repeatedly making the same dress over and over and over again, I decided to push myself out of my comfort zone and go girly and floral. I've been really trying to change things up in my wardrobe, and get more colour in there. I found this super pretty floral cotton voile on super sale at Fabricland (I think I paid something ridiculous like $2/meter) and decided to give it a go. Everyone needs a light summer dress, right?
Once again, I used McCall's M6646 to make this dress, but this time I kept the fluttery sleeve thingies. I also added an inch to the bodice length (I may be short but I have a long torso), shortened the hem a bit and added pockets. I think all dresses should have pockets. Not gonna lie, they do add a bit of bulk to the already full circle skirt, but I needs me my pockets!

Sadly, I didn't get any twirly pics of this dress. There were too many people around in The Secret Garden to have room to twirl, and you have to keep your eye on the big cats in there or they will mark you as their territory. Not even lying. I saw a tiger spray a kid last time I was there. Eeeew.

Until soon. xoxoxo

7 comments:

  1. It's really cute, Andi! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly isn't always so bad. This is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this - girly without being twee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dress! I really like the floral print on black :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone needs their girly dress... even better to have several!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this dress Andi!!!! So Pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete