July 17, 2012

Tour de Fleece: Week Two Roundup

Last week, I didn't do nearly as much spinning as the previous week, mainly due to some excitement about sewing a new dress (it's almost finished!) and it being too hot to function. So when I wasn't sewing, I spun less and knit more (socks!) to try to move as little as possible (this summer, we are living sans A/C).

This is what was accomplished:

Beautiful Merino, which can be found in my new shop here
And still on the bobbin:

Alpaca!!!
This is the first time I've ever spun 100% Alpaca. And you know what? It's everything I dreamed it would be and more! I have the feeling it may beat out BFL as my favourite fibre to spin (but I won't make a final decision on that until I've spun up at least 8 oz of it).

The Tour de Fleece wraps up on Sunday, and I'm losing 2 days of spinning as I'll be away visiting the in-laws, so I guess I'll have to spin like mad in the meantime to make up for that. I guess that's my cue to stop typing and get treadling. Watch for the final roundup next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment