May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday - May 2, 2012

This week has brought about some changes to my job, so I figured I should cover some familiar ground with my knitting. I'm knitting another Baana shawl (I've knit 3 of these bad boys already) using some Alina Shea Creations Sunrises yarn. The colourway was a custom dye for me, which is super cool.  It's called "Andi is Awesome" (which, I kind of am), but when I look at it I totally see Magneto!!! (who is also awesome).



Why do I get my own colourway you ask? Well, the fabulous Shayla, who is the mastermind behind Alina Shea Creations, is testing out a new dyeing technique, and she needed some samples whipped up to show off how they knit/crochet up. I volunteered to help out, and voila! My own custom colours :)

This yarn is meant to stripe, however with the linen stitch and construction of this shawl, I'm not sure if there will be stripes in it, or if it'll just be cool colour pooling. Here's what I have so far:


Stripes or no, I think this will end up a pretty cool scarf!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great so far! I really appreciate all that you guys are doing. ♥

    ReplyDelete