May 11, 2012

Expanding Mr. Social's Fashion Horizons

One of the things I love about sewing for Mr. Social is that I get to have some say in how he dresses (it's like playing dress-up!). As a result, I get to push him out of his comfort zone a little bit. Now, I would never make him something I don't think he'd wear, despite constantly teasing him that I will make this shirt for him and he has to wear it because I made it:

I'd make it in gold as it'd be more flattering to his skin tone
So, when we were discussing his summer wardrobe and his need for new shorts, I asked him what his thoughts were on plaid. At first, he said no way. He figures plaid shorts are for old men or golf courses (or old men on golf courses). Of course, I think plaid shorts are an excellent idea, so I went ahead and picked up some fabric for him in the hopes he'd be agreeable...


Wouldn't you know it, he likes the fabric! So it looks like he'll be getting some plaid shorts in the near future. I just need to dust off my plaid matching skills and hope the shorts work out as planned.

Wish me luck!

2 comments: