May 22, 2012

Mr. Social's Plaid Shorts

It seems that summer has pretty well begun here in Toronto. This past weekend was the Victoria Day long weekend, and it was HOT! So, I'm very happy that I was able to finish Mr. Social's plaid shorts just in time for it.


We headed off to the Toronto Island to enjoy the beautiful sunshine with some friends. I was a little worried that these shorts would be too hot for the warm weather, as the fabric is some kind of polyester blend (or maybe 100% poly, I can't recall exactly), but Mr. Social said he was perfectly comfortable.



It's been a while since I've worked with a plaid fabric, so I was worried that the plaid wouldn't match up nicely, but I think I did a pretty good job of it. It even matched up nicely on his bum, which he has no problems showing off...



Because he didn't want any pockets on the back of the shorts, and knowing he never has enough pockets to stash his phone and wallet in, I added two jeans style (frontier) pockets, as well as a welt pocket where a cargo pocket would normally go. I cut the welt on the diagonal to add some interest to the pocket (and because it would have been a HUGE pain in the ass to match the plaid on that!!). I also added a velcro closure to the inside of the welt pocket to make sure things don't fall out when he sits down. I'm pretty impressed with how this pocket turned out, as I've never actually made one of these before.


I have no idea why, but once I saw these shorts on Mr. Social, they made me think of this song and music video


Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment