March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday - March 7, 2012

I have more than a few WIPs on the go right now. For example, I'm still working on the Diamond Gansey Socks for Mr. Social, as well as the Gryffindor Scarf from last week. But I figured you wouldn't want to see the same things again.

This week's WIP is another Baana. I have made 2 of these before. One for myself, (which I loved dearly and, of course, lost somewhere) and one for Mr. Social.



To be honest, this is not an exciting knit. Linen stitch is incredibly boring. What keeps bringing me back to this pattern is how well it works with variegated yarn. I love to see how this pattern breaks up or creates pooling. It's just so different every time. The yarn I'm using is Nerd Girl Yarns Come Hither, which is a gorgeous Merino/Nylon/Cashmere blend. If you haven't had the chance to use Nerd Girl Yarns stuff yet, I highly recommend you get some right now. Go on, do it. You know you want to.

1 comment:

  1. Mr Social needs more knit socks. One can never have too many. Also, a kraken hat.

    - Mr Social

    ReplyDelete