March 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday - March 14, 2012

Another Wednesday, another WIP. Seems the WIP pile is getting bigger and bigger these days. Today, I present what will eventually be a squishy and soft hat.



The colour of the yarn was hard to capture with the lighting in my office, but it's a super rich, burnt orange with flecks of black throughout. The yarn was dyed by my friend Shayla of Alina Shea Creations on her Smooshy Sheep base. This yarn is seriously the best DK weight yarn I have ever used. I finished a hat a few days ago with the same base, and loved it so much I had to start another. I can't recommend it enough!

I'm hoping to have this hat done by tomorrow, so I can knit another in kelly green to wear for St. Patrick's Day. Maybe I'm being a little too ambitious...

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Hats are fast--and green will be spectacular.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete