November 7, 2012

Spinning for a BFF, Take Two

I have more yarn! And it's even prettier than the last!


For this yarn, I again used 2 different fibres, both from Hilltop Cloud. The colourways I used this time were Emerald City (British Shetland Wool, Merino, Tussah Silk, Black (Gold) Bamboo) and Punk (Merino Wool, Alpaca, Tussah Silk and Mulberry Silk with added sparkle).


I  LOVE how this yarn turned out! As usual, you can't see it in the pics, but there's a healthy amount of sparkle in it, and the pink just pops! I spun it up a little bit thick and thin again to add just a little more interest to the yarn (as if it needs any more).

But, just like the last time, I didn't end up with enough yardage! Still aiming for 360 yards, I ended up with 158. WTF?!?! That's less than the last spin! Granted, there was also less fibre for this spin, using 2 fibres at 100g each, instead of 110g/115g. C'est la vie. That just means I'll have to spin again!


Does anyone else out there have plans to knit up a special BFF cowl of their own?

1 comment:

  1. I have plans for a BFF too.... hmmmm... lol.

    The yarn is making me all kinds of happy! Keep spinning, good woman!

    ReplyDelete