November 13, 2012

Spinning for a BFF, Take Three

I've spun up more yarn for the BFF Cowl, and this one is delicious!


This time around, I used fibres from YorkieSlave Artworks (seriously, check out her goods! her spindles and fibre are divine) and again some fibre from Hilltop Cloud. The finished product is a yarn chock full of luxury, containing merino, tussah silk, bamboo, firestar and angelina (ie. SPARKLE).




At 224 yards, this yarn is a lot closer to my goal of 360 yards, but alas it's not quite enough. But it's pretty and sparkly and has gorgeous drape, so I'm going to hang onto it for a something special later on. In the meantime this purple pretty will get loved and petted while hanging out in my stash.

Since I'm getting closer I hope the next one gets me to the yardage goal. My fibre stash is getting low!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your yarn is lovely. I have always wanted to spin, but alas, never have.
    ~Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning is a slippery slope. It tends to take over my life. I spin all kinds of yarn, but then never knit because all I do is spin lol. But it is meditative so I love it.

      Delete