February 10, 2012

What does "Hobo with a Shotgun" and "The Raccoons" have in common?

Last night, Mr. Social and I watched Hobo with a Shotgun. This movie was everything I wanted it to be and more. Gratuitous violence, excessive gore effects, 80s soundtrack, awesome all-around campiness, amazing newspaper headlines (like "Hobo Stops Begging, Demands Change"), and an appearance by Rob Wells who plays Ricky in the Trailer Park Boys.

I love his hair


As a surprising contrast to all the violence, there is a lot of sentimental sappiness in this movie. Who knew a homeless vigilante could be so sweet? I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it, so I won't say anymore, but I highly recommend you check it out.

So, what does Hobo with a Shotgun and The Raccoons have in common?



When the credits began to roll at the end of Hobo with a Shotgun, we heard the familiar sounds of Run With Us, sung by Lisa Lougheed. This was the theme song for The Raccoons.


What a fun little surprise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment