January 29, 2012

Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller

For whatever reason, I haven't been able to get the deliciously cheesy one man band music from Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller out of my head. So, I decided I needed to revisit this movie from my childhood.



For those of you who are unfamiliar with this movie, here's the basic gist. Stamp collecting is cool. Tommy Tricker is a prankster, Ralph is his stamp collecting friend. They discover the secret of "stamp travel" and go off in search of some fancy old stamp collection which belonged to Charles Merriweather. A 12-year-old Rufus Wainright sings "I'm Running".



Something I had forgotten about this movie, Tommy Tricker is a huge douchebag. Scamming or stealing from your friends just isn't cool. Also, the main character/hero of this movie is Ralph, so why isn't it called Ralph and the Stamp Traveller? I guess it doesn't roll off the tongue as nice.

What I didn't know about this movie, is it's the seventh in a series of children's movies created by Les Productions la FĂȘte, called Tales for All. I've seen a few of the movies in the series and am now thinking I should go back and try to watch them all.

Never one to sit idly while watching a movie, I decided to honour this Canadian movie by spinning a yarn that is reminiscent of the colours of autumn, and the various shades of the falling maple leaves.



It doesn't look like much now, but I'm pretty sure it'll end up being pretty nifty.

1 comment:

  1. Great spinning. Sometimes I don't like rewatching things from my childhood. They always loose a little bit of the magic that they used to have.

    ReplyDelete