June 15, 2014

What a month!

Wow! This month sure has been busy! It flew by in a flash! Hence the radio silence (sorry about that!)

I've been doing a shit ton of sewing, 95% of which has not been for me. I am interning this summer with Victory Patterns, which is super fun! I've been madly sewing away with Kristiann, helping her with a super secret project, so I can't really elaborate more on that ;)

I also decided to use the skully fabric I posted about previously to make a dress for the bride for the backyard wedding party I attended yesterday. And I'm so glad I did!
I essentially had free reign to do whatever I wanted for this dress, so I decided to have some fun with it. I wanted to make sure the dress was light and comfortable, for what could potentially be a super hot day. Luckily, the weather cooperated and was absolutely perfect, no rain or super heat/humidity!

I opted for a fitted, v-neck bodice, with a full circle skirt for maximum twirling potential and girliness. She sure loved making that thing twirl!

And had a lot of fun wearing it!
At the end of what ended up being an 11 hour party, she was still comfortable, so I think I can deem this dress a huge success! And I'm glad that it's not "bridal", so she can wear it again, and again, and again.
Look at how happy she is!
Congratulations again, S&R!

4 comments:

  1. That fabric looks even more incredible on a finished product! It's very classy :)
    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any dress fit for cartwheeling is a great dress, and this one looks stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your internship sounds amazing, I'm jealous. I can't wait to hear more about the super-secret project you're wokring on.

    The skull dress is lovely and cartwheels, the bestest ever!

    ReplyDelete